Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to School!

Today was Aiden's first day of first grade! I can't believe it! He's growing up so fast. We went to meet his teacher on Friday and he found out that he already has a couple of friends in his class. It made today a lot less stressful for him I think.

To get Aiden ready for his big day and to end summer break with a nice treat, we made some back to school cupcakes. 
 

Decorating these cupcakes seemed simple enough, but turned out to be pretty time consuming. I'm not sure which was more difficult: writing on the fudge graham cookies or getting them to stick in the cupcakes! One of Aiden's friends rang the doorbell while we were working and Aiden jumped at the chance to go outside and play, leaving Holden and me to finish up.

 

I got up early this morning, packed Aiden's lunch, and made him some apple cinnamon pancakes which I made into the letters ABC (as you can see... lol) for breakfast.


Aiden was a little too tired to be impressed! He had already eaten part of the A when he said, "Hey! These are letters!" Love him...


He was a little more awake when it was time to leave for school.


I guess the first day went pretty well... I got the typical "fine" in response to how was your first day? Yes, he's definitely growing up.


No comments:

Post a Comment